Blackbot Online Privacy Statement
Your privacy, and the privacy of all users of www.blackbot.io, is of the highest priority. If you have any questions, please email us .
This policy governs websites owned and operated by Blackbot. Our policy does not govern websites of other parties to which we may provide links because Blackbot is not responsible for and cannot control the privacy practices or content of those sites.
Here are the principles governing our information practices and other privacy aspects of our websites:
- Information Collection and Use
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Cross-Border Transfer
- IP Information Collection and Use Practices
- Data Storage and Security
- Your Data Privacy Rights
- Dispute Resolution
- Contact Us
- Policy Updates
Information Collection and Use
- Blackbot collects Personal Information when you register for Blackbot information such as whitepapers and reports, newsletters or webcasts, visit Blackbot pages, and enter promotions. This Personal Information may include your name, email address, and telephone number.
- Blackbot may collect any additional information relating to you that you voluntarily provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through our representatives or business partners.
- Blackbot may use Personal Information received from you in connection with: to fulfill your requests for information on products and services or any specific questions sent to us, to respond to any complaints, to contact you about offers and new products, to follow up on marketing initiatives and to generally manage your relationship with us.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Blackbot will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone.
- Blackbot will send Personal Information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Blackbot (e.g. affiliates, distributors or resellers) to provide a product or service to you or for further follow-up related to your interests. The information shared does not constitute a sale of your Personal Information.
- We have to disclose your Personal Information in response to a lawful request by public authorities and agencies, to meet any applicable law and regulation or to protect Blackbot’s assets as permitted by law.
- We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). We may be required to disclose personal information that we handle under the Privacy Shield in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Blackbot complies with the requirements of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland. Blackbot adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access and recourse, enforcement and liability with respect to all personal information transferred from the EU or Switzerland to the US within the scope of its Privacy Shield certification. If there is any conflict between the terms in this Policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
- Certain personal information may be subject to more specific privacy policies of Blackbot, which are also consistent with the requirements of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
- Unless we tell you differently, companies who work on behalf of Blackbot do not have any right to use the Personal Information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us. Blackbot ensures that those companies are contractually bound to confidentiality and use the data received on behalf of Blackbot in line with this Policy and guarantee an adequate level of data protection. Blackbot will remain liable for any failure by the third party that receives personal information on behalf of Blackbot, unless we prove that the event giving rise to the damage was solely caused by the third party.
IP Information Collection and Use Practices
- Blackbot receives IP addresses from all users because this information is automatically reported by your browser each time you view a Web page.
- When a Blackbot Web page is requested and viewed, that request is logged on our servers with information including the IP address of the computer that requested the page.
- IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including estimating the total number of users visiting Blackbot from specific countries or regions of the world.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and is stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but to protect your privacy, your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
- Provide you with customized content.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Blackbot’s products and services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve Blackbot content and services.
- Require you to reenter your Blackbot password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you.
In addition to the first-party cookies we set, we use external services that set third-party cookies to:
- Enable information sharing across social media services.
- Provide you with targeted advertising in relevant contexts on external sites.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using third-party services.
- Enable third parties to aggregate anonymous user behavior data and provide such research data to Blackbot.
- Monitor and report on site and service usage across Blackbot websites.
- Query third-party services such as Twitter for recently changed information.
Similar Technologies We Use In addition to cookies, we use Web beacons (also known as “clear GIFs” and “1×1” pixels) and coded URLs. These techniques may be used:
- In online advertising to determine which advertisements you have viewed.
- In our promotional emails to track whether an email has been viewed and subsequent clicks on hyperlinks.
- To support remarketing for AdWords Ads on the Google Display Network. Remarketing technology serves you ads across multiple websites based on your browsing interest and behavior.
In addition, you may choose not to open emails or download images in emails you receive from Blackbot.
To opt out of tracking via coded URLs, you may choose not to click on hyperlinks embedded in marketing emails you receive from Blackbot.
Choices About Cookies You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. This site provides instructions for adjusting cookie preferences for common browsers:
If your browser is not listed on the site above, check your browser’s “Help” menu to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Data Storage and Security
- When you submit information to Blackbot, a temporary copy of that information is routinely made to prevent accidental loss of your information through a computer malfunction or human error.
- Please note that any information that we have copied may remain in back-up storage for some period of time after your deletion request. This may be the case even though no information about your account remains in our active user databases.
- Blackbot does not react to Do Not Track signals because there is no standard for how those signals are sent.
- The Blackbot computers (called “servers”) that send your Web pages process and store an enormous amount of information every day. These computer records are called “log files.”
- Log files are used for analysis, research, auditing, and other purposes, as described above. After this information has been used, it is stored and is inaccessible. Until the information is stored, your Blackbot ID may remain in our active server log files.
- Appropriate technical and physical safeguard measures are in place to protect against unauthorized or unlawful access, misuse, accidental loss, destruction and alternation of any Personal Information which are shared with us in the course of using our website services.
Your Data Privacy Rights
You have a number of rights under relevant data privacy laws, which may include the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the California Consumer Privacy Act. Depending on where you are based, those rights may include the right to (i) request access or copies of your personal data Blackbot processes, (ii) rectify incorrect personal data, (iii) delete your personal data, (iv) restrict the processing of your personal data, (v) determine the portability of your personal data, (vi) lodge complaints with competent authorities in your country, and/or (vii) request a list with the names and addresses of any potential recipients of your personal data. To exercise one or more of these rights, or to ask questions or relay concerns, please contact Blackbot’s Data Protection Officer:
PRIVACY COUNCIL Blackbot, Inc. 2570 N 1S t St Suite 200 San Jose, CA 95131 USA (650)-567-4500 [email protected]
Blackbot will verify requests that it receives and respond in the time period required under the relevant data privacy laws.
- If you believe your Personal Information has been used in a way that is not consistent with this Policy, we invite you to contact Blackbot first at [email protected]. We will make all efforts to resolve your complaints in a timely and accurate manner. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S. based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
- Further, Blackbot has committed to cooperate with EU Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) and to comply with the information and advice provided to it by an informal panel of DPAs in relation to such unresolved complaints as determined by the Privacy Shield Principles.
- Under certain conditions, EU individuals may seek redress from the Privacy Shield Panel, a binding arbitration mechanism.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, please contact us.
We may update our Policy from time to time. We will post the updated version in this section of the website. If the revision is significant and may materially change our data privacy practices, we will notify you by using other means, e.g. via email.
REVISION DATE: 2021JAN01